Monday, July 23

Getting down and dirty with Steeling Beauty...


Yes, that is right...I have been getting down and dirty hammering and forging steel re-bar while taking an amazing online class by the uber talented Keith Lo Bue. The class is called "Steeling Beauty"... consisting of 7 weeks of awesomeness! He is one artist among many who are teaching at Artful Gatherings Artful Online Retreat! If you are interested in his class the deadline to sign up is...August 1st (just around the corner) ~ I am stilling waiting on some tools (i.e. jewelers saw blades, rawhide mallet) ~ in the meantime I have been experimenting using this awesome material ~ STEEL WIRE! I completed a Steel Forged Heart Soldered with Cross and Leather Pendant Necklace...I am quite pleased how it turned out and wanted to share it with you ~ 






Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Diana said...

Such a great piece Debby. You are learning from the best. Have fun in class.
Hugs
Diana

Jen Crossley said...

Sensational work

Cherie said...

Sunning, beautiful, breathtaking pieces and more Debby. Hope you'll enjoy Keith's worskhop, from what I see you're a natural ;)

Holly Loves Art said...

So very beautiful Debby! I haven't been here in a while. It's nice to come back and get caught up on all your lovely works of art!
Cheers,
Holly

Unknown said...

It is most fabulous collection.I loved it.Can you more share with me.I will come back as soon.




Thanks for more sharing.......







Cheap Beads

A China Cupcake said...

I love your new heart forged with cross pendant. It sounds like the class is something I would like to try out Pat beglin

robin dudley-howes said...

How pretty Debby. I've taken a class with him and he has a refreshing, male take on tools and assembly in general.

Snugglebug Blessings said...

Juat beautiful.

Unknown said...

I just love your site! The jewelry is so magnificent! I love any cross jewelry and it looks so vintage and yet bold and delicate. Thanks for the insight...
Http://lindasbling.com/index.hmtl

halohill.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Well done, stunning and a masterpiece work. Frosted Glass